Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Blogging Gold, Part II

Here's the second installment from my 1981 yearbook. I doubt this version will elicit a response from Clem like the last one did, but we'll see.

First up, Jackson. At some point, Gorko grabbed my yearbook for a couple hours and returned it after writing all over it. Jackson complained last time that someone had written "Idiot" under his picture in a yearbook that he was looking through. It was mine. Mystery solved. That's not my handwriting, dude.

Next up, Tom - he signed my yearbook this way. Hilarious!


Next! Uh, "What is an early 80s poser metal guitarist, Alex?"


OK, how about some non-skateboarders now? First up the All-American Girl, a cheerleader no less, a third place finisher in the Miss NY competition, dhc. She's so happy and sweet! You still have the cheerleader outfit, right? My brother wanted me to ask you that.

And last, but not least, Nancy2. Hey, Nancy2, late-70s Brooke Shields called. She wants her eyebrows back. My brother told me to say that one, too.

8 comments:

djh said...

Of all the pics to post, you choose THAT one! Ugh! :) Thanks so very much for dredging that one up. That looks like sophomore year for me, my first year at O'Neill. That was the year no one knew me and I was in shell shock from moving from Oklahoma. I grew up quite a bit the summer following sophomore year.

Scott S! Too funny. That picture was looong after our friendship/relationship (?) died. Samia used to laugh at us when we hung out, said we looked too much like brother and sister. (Eeeeww??)

And nooooo, I don't still have the cheerleading uniform. The ones we got were already 20 years old, since the only team that got new uniforms every year was the BASKETBALL team. And Kaplan would have tracked us down if we kept ANY of his stuff!! For the record, I hated cheerleading, and the only reason I stayed was because of Simone (Lynne) W., and then I quit middle of junior year anyway. There were some real biotches on those squads....no names of course, to protect the not so innocent, but you all know who you are. :) The one with the "naturally blonde" wings on dark hair, and the height challenged girl with curly blonde hair and a fake southern accent DO come to mind, however. :-D

Feisty Democrat said...

Actually, that was your junior year photo.

And it was my brother who was interested in seeing you in a cheerleader outfit. I know! Pervert!

Tony Alva said...

DHC knows that I didn't say any of those things doofus...

What's up with 80's Metal Poser comment. The boy could rip pretty severely.

Alright... While I didn't originally make the cheerleader uniform inquiry, you REALLY don't have that thing lying around anywhere?

djh said...

MD-really? Wow. Haven't looked at a yearbook in a while. Ugh. Just an unfortunate picture. I should dredge up my freshman year picture from Central Jr High in Lawton, OK. You'd have tears in your eyes from laughing so hard...ridiculous.

TA: uuuuummm, no. If I were going to wear a cheerleading uniform *ahem*, I'd certainly find a better one than that wooly, heavy, stinkyassed thing. Don't you remember that we wore white turtlenectks under the VERY heavy sweater (for football season), and we also still wore saddle shoes! (Nowadays I think cheerleaders wear sneakers, much smarter.) Not a zeeexxxxy look. Unless you like maroon moth eaten wool. :)

I cringe just writing about this. I cross my fingers that my daughter NEVER wants to be a cheerleader!!!!!!!

Annie said...

Personally, I think it's the Wilma Flintstone neclace that totally completes the look. I feel so loved now that I've made the WPSG blog...popularity at last!!!!

Tony Alva said...

LOL Nancy you're killin me chick...

Jackson said...

Ok, now, I didn't complain, I merely stated the fact, and, to my knowledge, I can't refute the charge.

Billy Guitar Devine was no poser, dude.

Anonymous said...

I've got to admit that you "kids"(now in your mid 40's) continue to give me some chuckles; of course, you would never know this way back when...
Hehehehehehehe